Wednesday, June 06, 2007

R U M O R S . . . . . . .

rumors, rumors
Current mood: busy


hey, hey...

i've recieved a few emails/messages from people asking me if i was planning on quitting the band due to my upcoming solo set at mojo risin. this is NOT TRUE at all. the simple truth is this:

i write/have wriiten a lot of songs that don't quite fit within the band. these songs are usually acoustic and a bit slower than the bands' sound. i approached jack (mojo owner) awhile ago and asked him to keep me in mind if they ever needed an opener or if someone had to concel last minute. the fact is that i just love playing music for people---whether it's with the rest of end result or by myself. so, he contacted me and asked me if i'd like to open for a great singer/songwriter from boulder, cait shanahan---and i said yes. like i said, i have a lot of ideas that don't really fit within the framework of the band, and i thought this show would be a great opportunity to play some of those tunes that i've been working on for the last few weeks in my bedroom.

i love playing with the band. our schedules have been super-busy lately, but we are all anxious and excited to finish the record and start playing shows again very soon. then after that, we'll start working on new ideas. playing a solo acoustic show is completely different from playing with the band. this is what i've done for most of my musical life and i'm sincerely looking forward to the June 19th show for that reason. it's an old habit that i don't want to break, i guess. and the rest of the guys are very supportive---they know that it's good for me (and the band) to do this for my own creative process. matter of fact, i think all of them will be in attendance throwing tomatoes at me!

so there you have it---all is well with the band. i write a lot. some stuff doesnt fit within the band so i play it by myself. thanks for reading and i hope this answers everyones question.

happy wednesdays to all...

matt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home